2018 was another amazing year for the #winepair!
Here is our tally for 2018:
Savored 200+ great wines 🍷
Visited 15+ new wineries 🍾
Collaborations 8+ 🥂
IG Wine connections 4,000+ 💜
This is the story behind our Top 9 wine posts on Instagram for 2018. These are the posts with the most likes and highest engagement rate. It’s fun to look back and reminisce on the wines, experiences, and people we’ve met along the way.
- We are fortunate enough to make frequent trips to Northern California to visit family and friends. The added bonus to these trips is stopping along the way in beautiful wine regions including Ventura, Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, and Paso Robles. The first photo is from a visit to Niner Wine Estates in Paso and their famous Heart Hill. If you haven’t been, we highly recommend it on your next visit to the area.
- We are HUGE fans of Michael David Winery and this post was from the first time we tried their Petite Petit wine, our new LOVE. A blend of Petite Sirah and Petit Verdot, this is a really a big wine with great dark fruit. Our recommendation, let it sit for about an hour or decant it and give it time to open up. Your patience will be rewarded!
- This year we were lucky enough to visit and tour the stunning Trefethen Family Vineyards in Napa. Trefethen has a rich history in the Napa Valley and is one of the few remaining family wine estates. Trefethen produces 100% estate-bottled wine and has never purchased a single outside grape. Click here to check out our article about our visit. This post was when we opened and savored a beautiful Malbec we picked up on our trip.
- Another great winery discovery this year was Jamie Slone Wines in Santa Barbara. A cool, urban tasting room in the heart of downtown, great service and fantastic wines made for a perfect visit. See the full article about our Santa Barbara weekend here. This post was when we opened a beautiful Bordeaux blend called “BoRific”. We highly recommend a visit to their tasting room next time you pass through the area.
- Our 5th most popular post for last year was when we opened and enjoyed a bottle of Syrah from Qupe. Our first time trying a wine from Qupe and we were not disappointed. They are known for their Rhone varietals from the central coast of California. This was a nice, easy drinking wine that would pair well with a variety of dishes. We have added other Qupe varietals to our list to try.
- One of the highlights of our year was being introduced to Prothro Family Wines and having the pleasure of attending one of their private tastings. The founders and winemakers, Bruce and Ronda Prothro are a lovely couple, producing truly elegant wines from the Napa Valley. All of their fruit comes from prestige vineyards throughout Napa and produced with love and care that sets them apart from other wines. What started as a hobby has turned into a successful business for them. Check out their story here and sign-up for their emails to get on the list to try their wines.
- On one of our trips back from Northern California we made a short detour to Tooth & Nail Winery part of the Rabble Wine family. Tooth & Nail is a really cool castle and their great wines made for a perfect afternoon. We picked up a nice charcuterie plate to pair with the wines we sampled which added to the experience and one that we will do again.
- 2018 was a big year for us in terms of our Instagram account and engagement with our followers. Our biggest milestone was surpassing 5,000 followers! The organic growth and interaction we have experienced is very both exciting and rewarding. We cherish the connections we have made along the way.
- Last but not least in our Top 9 posts was a visit to Picchetti Winery in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Picchetti is one of the oldest wineries in California with a rich history and award-winning wines. The wine in this post is their Super Tuscan, a blend of Sangiovese, Cabernet, and Graciano. We loved this wine and paired it with pasta and homemade meatballs. It was perfectly balanced and was easy to drink even without food.
We are truly grateful for our amazing #winelife and look forward to more great wine, experiences, tasting, friendships, and adventures in 2019.